My tips on how to get rid of the Nalpan bomb!
– Read more than than the text
– Reared the text
– Ret a picture in my head
– Make a connection
– Read around the word
– Reared the question
– Eliminate answers
– Look for evidence in the text
– Make an intelligent guess
– Reread ALL of the text
– Highlight key words
– Think about place value
– Rewrite vertically
– Get rid of ridiculous answers
– Read all the answers
– Stop think check
NAPLAN is pretty close spelling to Nalpan but sometimes NAPLAN does feel like a dropped fire bomb because sometimes it can be really hard, but that’s why we have been practicing our skills in all different types of writing and maths.
I’ve noticed that I wasn’t very good at my 7, 8, 12, 3 and 4 time tables. The most important thing I’m focusing on is getting my speed and accuracy correct.
In the next week some ideas I could do to help me learn some more about my times table are:
1. I could ask my dear darling mother to test me.
2. I could visit some time tables websites such as times table me, hit the button, ect.
3. I could also say my times tables over and over to myself.